In 1972 a Greer minister, the late Rev. Johnny Stack, and a committee of local citizens founded GCM to begin a Meals on Wheels program. The following year, 25 senior adults began receiving weekly Meals on Wheels. The Senior Dining, Food Pantry, and Sharon’s Closet programs were added between 1973 and 1984.
Our Board Members
Earl Simmons, Sr.
Pastor, Maple Creek Missionary Baptist Church
Public Information Coordinator, Greer CPW
Retired Customer Service Manager
Our Staff Members
Senior Dining Coordinator
Objective: The Senior Dining Coordinator will oversee all aspects of the Senior Dining program, providing expertise and leadership to ensure quality programs and events are provided to those sixty years of age or older in the Greater Greer area.
- Regularly cares for seniors through calls, emails, and cards for special occasions such as birthdays, etc…
- Schedules and communicates with all program guests and entertainers.
- Prepares lists of each day’s van riders for the van driver.
- Schedules and communicates with all van drivers, preparing a calendar of driving schedules and ensuring that any vacant drivers’ positions are filled.
- Occasionally drive the van to pick up senior diners when needed.
- Keeps vans serviced and fueled, in good condition, and ready for service.
- Ensures dining room area is ready each day with appropriate decorations, proper functioning sound equipment, and adequate supplies.
- Coordinates with the Kitchen manager needs for supplies, the number of meals needing to be served each day, and any snacks or food needed for the program.
Embody our three behavioral priorities:
- We SEE people.
- We are CHAMPIONS for GCM.
- We are a CONDUIT for people and other organizations in the community.
- Love for Senior Adults and desire to see them cared for.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills, and specific experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and familiarity with social media platforms.
- Reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Regularly interacts with staff, volunteers, clients, visitors, donors, and Board Members.
- Assist with GCM fundraising events and campaigns where needed.
- Able to help out anywhere in the Ministry when needed.
Job Type: Part-time
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday: 8 am-2 pm
Work Location: One location
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Greer, SC 29651
Let’s make a connection
Join our mailing list and we’ll keep you up to date on our news and upcoming events!